Thursday, February 9, 2012

Virgin uses Social Media in Style!

Since I love travelling and social media, I dream to become the social media manager/coordinator of a multinational travel company (note: when I say travel, I mean any sort of travel (airlines, travel coordinators, etc.). I thought of logging my views on various social media campaigns started by companies in the travel industry.

Social media is intended to connect people. When travelling, staying connected is probably one of the most important factors of all. Virgin Atlantic, cashed in on this very point when they set-up "Vtravelled"

This became a social travel site where travellers could share their experiences, comment and like each other's posts, etc. In other words, it was like a Facebook, but intended only for travellers. The company also started a blog which was managed by company employees. A fantastic marketing idea!


It's one of the best ways to build your brand identity and brand name! I love reading the various stories on the blog! One of the things that stands out on this blog is the fact that it integrates all the social media aspects of the Virgin travel section! An amazing initiative by Virgin!

More about Virgin's social media initiatives next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment